Fletcher Trees Ltd is very proud of its Environmental Accreditation. 99.4% of our waste is recycled in the following ways:
- Wood chip is either used as a mulch on flowers beds by Local Authorities or sold to the UK power stations as a Bio fuel.
- All timer is processed into firewood for clients.
- Grass cuttings and hedge trimmings are tipped into a compost area within our yard and within 24 months are re used for growing shrubs or as a soil improver.
In the last 12 months we have improved our Environmental performance in the following ways:
- Members of the team have attended wildlife courses such as ‘Bat Awareness’ to improve our knowledge and recognition of wildlife near to our place of work.
- We now used bio fuel within plant such as saws, where possible.
- Any materials procured are from sustainable sources. We have reduced our carbon footprint, considerably by ordering materials directly to site.
- We encourage clients to use wood chip as a form of mulch rather than expensive, decorative bark mulch.
- All compost used within the growing of stock within the business, is from recycled matter.
- The use of electronic tablets on site, to reduce the need for printing work sheets and paperwork.
- Vehicle pooling to reduce the need for pointless car journeys.
- Woods that are not turned into firewood, such as Willow and Conifer are turned into kindling wood and left to season over 24 months.